Safety and Training Video
When producing a safety and training video we start with a script, the goal is to keep it simple and not to ramble. The script is our guide to getting the digital video shots needed for the final production. Very important to be prepared. For this shoot I used two cameras to get the various shots needed.
A couple more tips when producing saftey and training videos – Keep it as short as possible. Like I mentioned – don’t ramble. Audio is 90% of a good training video. Capturing the wild or natural sound and blending is important. Recording the talent either on-camera or in a booth – the step by step procedure narrated needs to be clean.
The final version of this video was then edited Spanish as well. Watch the video to learn more about training and safety videos for your business. Then call Duane at 231-937-5420.
Keeping People Safe
Tips when producing a safety and training video:
- Use a Script keep it short and to the point. people do not want to hear you talk and talk and not get to the point.
- Be Concise, the beauty of video is they see what you are teaching.
- Audio is 90% of a good video. Pay close attention to background noise, radios, chatter etc.
- Are you doing this in front of background or on-site. What is pleasing to the audience.
- Set up your scene: Long Shot or as it is called an establishing shot. This lets the viewer know where you are. Then use close-ups and medium shots as needed to tell the story.
- Use two cameras and sync in editing. One can be your establishing shot and one covering the close ups. If you only have one camera, then shoot the scene from multiple angles to get your shots. Pay close attention to match cuts so the edit is smooth.
- Lighting: depending on what you are doing, will natural light work or do you need additonal lighting?
- Use your script and outline as a guide to make sure you have capture all the shots before leaving the site.
- Create additional graphics, animations, images that fit within your script and story.
- Edit – putting it all together. This is time consuming but where you see the video come to life. From script to real.
- Distribution. Are you streaming this? Providing DVD’s or on thumb drives? Setting up a dropbox or similar account that your people can download.
- Any questions contact Duane.