Lets look at another way of posting your job listings. This is just like our Buy Local Video Profiles where you tell your story about the business or organization. The twist is working in your job posting.
Why? Currently you have job postings where the text at times go on and on. I swear some people think the more words the better. NO, that is not true.
Today, you are looking for the person or person(s) that are the right fit for your company. Enticing that person to want to work for you. This approach also improves your company image.
For years I have been preaching the need to tell your story. Make it personal, connect with people. Not with hype or flash. But through making it real. Being social is what we are looking for. Talk with people, not at them… Share!
Enhance your job listings. Lets look at some simple yet effective ways of doing this.
Begin by having your HR, CEO or Service Manager welcome the person watching the video.
- Having one of your best employees demonstrate the job is important. People are visual and being shown what is expected is key.
- Determine what the most important aspects of the job are and focus on these. Keeping it to 3-5 areas is best.
- Show the action that the job requires. A series of close-ups and variety of angles shows the requirements for the position.
- Whenever possible have current employee’s share their experiences. Make it real, keep the content focused.
- What do they like best?
- What challenges does the position require?
- Share a tip or two.
- Good potential employee’s have choices, why should they work for you?
In our next post I will share some ideas to use video to your benefit. For increased exposure not only for getting new employee’s but for overall promotion for your company and organization.
Contact Duane at 231-937-5420.