Family Storytelling videos is a new service Producer/Director Duane Weed is offering. “It began with loosing an opportunity to interview my grandfather,” states Duane. “He had a team of horses that plowed all the fields around where he lived. Whenever my grandpa told the story he would beam.”
That story is now in my memories.
We all wish we would have recorded a family member. That is how it started for Duane. Capturing the history is the start, check out the story behind the Why! Link to Video: https://youtu.be/cXe87ANBmPI
Your Families Story – starts with a conversation…
This is your story and there are many ways to approach how we produce it. That is why it begins with a conversation. Contact Duane at 231-250-9624.
We will talk through the process. Work out the logistics of where, when etc. Definitely the Keep it Simple approach. We are happy to meet and go over all the details, share more examples and then – Get it Done! The coffee and tea are on – Contact Duane today to discuss your Family Storytelling videos. Contact Us
Sample Questions for Interviews
There are so many ways to approach the interview. Listed below are some ideas for questions (not limited to these).
- What is your full name?
- Where were you born?
- Where did you grow up (city, state, address)?
- Tell me about your parents (siblings)?
- What was school like for you as a child?
- What were your best and worst subjects?
- Where did you attend grade school? High school? College?
- What were your favorite songs and music?
- What world events had the most impact on you while you were growing up? Did any of them personally affect your family?
- Have any recipes been passed down to you from family members?
- Are there any physical characteristics that run in your family?
- What was the full name of your spouse? Siblings? Parents?
- When and how did you meet your spouse?
- What did you do on dates?
- What was it like when you proposed (or were proposed to)? Where and when did it happen? How did you feel?
- Where and when did you get married?
- What memory stands out the most from your wedding day?
- How would you describe your spouse? What do (did) you admire most about them?
- How would you describe your Parents/Grandparents? What do (did) you admire most about them?
- Why did you choose your children’s names?
- Family Medical History – Yours, Your Families. Reason for deaths, etc.
- What accomplishments were you most proud of?