Business Video is a great way to share your message. You have a story to tell, a lesson to teach, a product to promote or an image to build… producing business video content is vital to your business.
Tips when producing a safety and training video:
- Use a Script keep it short and to the point. people do not want to hear you talk and talk and not get to the point.
- Be Concise, the beauty of video is they see what you are teaching.
- Audio is 90% of a good video. Pay close attention to background noise, radios, chatter etc.
- Are you doing this in front of background or on-site. What is pleasing to the audience.
- Set up your scene: Long Shot or as it is called an establishing shot. This lets the viewer know where you are. Then use close-ups and medium shots as needed to tell the story.
- Use two cameras and sync in editing. One can be your establishing shot and one covering the close ups. If you only have one camera, then shoot the scene from multiple angles to get your shots. Pay close attention to match cuts so the edit is smooth.
- Lighting: depending on what you are doing, will natural light work or do you need additonal lighting?
- Use your script and outline as a guide to make sure you have capture all the shots before leaving the site.
- Create additional graphics, animations, images that fit within your script and story.
- Edit – putting it all together. This is time consuming but where you see the video come to life. From script to real.
- Distribution. Are you streaming this? Providing DVD’s or on thumb drives? Setting up a dropbox or similar account that your people can download.
- Any questions contact Duane.