Broadcast commercials work on network and cable television and at DW Video we take it a step further. We also take that video and make it work for you on the web.
A HUGE benefit to working with DW Video is we know that each video has over ten uses. Why just use as a broadcast commercial? Use the video and take it a step further proving local video marketing techniques to provide you 24-7 coverage. A complete win-win for you and your business.
Do not take this the wrong way. For some businesses broadcast commercials are the best. What we are saying is don’t just do a thirty second TV Commercial and hope someone is watching when it is your commercial is aired. Take it a step further and create a video profile for your website, your social media sites and for trade shows and sales presentations.
Since 1984 Duane’s life is about helping businesses tell their story. As Michigan’s Video Storyteller he works closely with you to get the right information to reach your target audience. The initial consultation is FREE. Call 231-250-9624.
- Use a Script keep it short and to the point. people do not want to hear you talk and talk and not get to the point.
- Be Concise, the beauty of video is they see what you are teaching.
- Audio is 90% of a good video. Pay close attention to background noise, radios, chatter etc.
- Are you doing this in front of background or on-site. What is pleasing to the audience.
- Set up your scene: Long Shot or as it is called an establishing shot. This lets the viewer know where you are. Then use close-ups and medium shots as needed to tell the story.
- Use two cameras and sync in editing. One can be your establishing shot and one covering the close ups. If you only have one camera, then shoot the scene from multiple angles to get your shots. Pay close attention to match cuts so the edit is smooth.
- Lighting: depending on what you are doing, will natural light work or do you need additonal lighting?
- Use your script and outline as a guide to make sure you have capture all the shots before leaving the site.
- Create additional graphics, animations, images that fit within your script and story.
- Edit – putting it all together. This is time consuming but where you see the video come to life. From script to real.
- Distribution. Are you streaming this? Providing DVD’s or on thumb drives? Setting up a dropbox or similar account that your people can download.
- Any questions contact Duane.